.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
A Day in the Life of a Teenage Programmer
Friday, July 09, 2004
 
Lotsa Lag
Well, since I have to chronicle from July 4th onward, and don't have a whole lot of time, more recent events will be mentioned in the next post.

July 4th was a somewhat hectic day.... I had to go to work with my dad (which I wanted, because they have some fun there...), but I also had to get CMSformE 0.0.3 out the door.

I didn't get to finish that before I had to leave, but I just chose to forget about it and not make a whole big deal about it. I came back later that night to find that Jelly threw a release together haphazardly and half-heartedly. Bugs still existed, and I didn't even finish what I was working on. Needless to say, I was a little perturbed, but I chose to not worry about it for the time being.

Since the night of July 4th, I have not slept in as good of a pattern as I would have liked. I stayed up all night that night, and then went to bed when we got home at 9:00 AM or some such. After that, though, I stayed up pretty much all day, taking naps in between. All of them were uncomfortable. The next night, I went to bed looking for a good night's sleep, but I wound up being woken up to give tech support—and I wasn't going back to bed after that.

If I'm calculating correctly, that was the same day as my dad's birthday (I have a bad memory, you know, so it might not be the same day...). But anyway, my aunt and uncle came over for lunch/dinner/dessert. (Lunch & cheesecake wound up being dinner that night...not fun.) My uncle, who's a photographer and who works at Cameta Camera out on the island (he can actually be seen in one of their TV commercials), is like a Little Rascals fanatic, and my dad likes them too. He was able to get in contact with one of them who is still alive (and is on the island, too), and the guy came into the store to sign pictures and stuff. So, for my dad's birthday, they gave him a picture of the gang signed by that one guy, along with a picture of the guy and my uncle, and a book about the show, its history, and the actors.

The day before my dad's birthday, my great-aunt and great-uncle stopped by for a while, but I can't remember the relation of that to my sleep pattern (though I do know that it was Tuesday, because I had an orthodonist appointment right before).

So, you're pretty much caught up to Wednesday. On Thursday, I started work, which is what I gotta go get ready for now. Expect the details of the past two days in the next entry.

Time Now: 8:16 AM

Comments:
Nah, I think there were other bugs than what Mike found.
 
Post a Comment



← Home

This blog represents the views and opinions of Gordon P. Hemsley and he is solely responsible for its content.
All content copyright © 2004-2005 Gordon P. Hemsley, unless otherwise noted.