Friday, June 18, 2004
The Summer Starts Here
'Cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
I don't know who I'm kidding
Imagining you care
And I could stand here waiting
A fool for another day
But I don't suppose it's worth the price
Worth the price, the price that I would pay
But I'm thinking it over anyway...
"Barely Breathing", Duncan Sheik
Ah... people.... You can't help but hate them. But on the other hand, sometimes you just can't help but love them. (Seeing as how I'm posting this fairly early, you can probably expect another one later.)
Ah... what a day today has been.... Started out like any other day... Very nice and normal. Take a test, collect some things, leave for the summer. Simple, right? But no. Of course not. We go in, sit down, start the test. Our proctor's a nice lady... I only know her as being one of the hall guards during our fourth period lunch, but a nice lady nonetheless. The only problem is, she has no idea what the f... uh, heck... she's doing. She's never seen a Regents before (I believe she said that herself), and apparently the directions are confusing. No worries, everything turns out fine. Then, maybe half-an-hour into the test, weeeee, power failure. Luckily, the school's smart and has a backup generator, which kicks in in a minute or two. (Can't say the same thing for my house, where I was boasting a 3-hours-and-counting uptime....) Again, no worries. Finish the test 10 minutes before 2:00 (when we can leave if we're done), so I sit and wait. Again, the day's still fine. Hand in the test, leave the room.
Now here's where it begins to go downhill. No one around that I'm looking for. Alright, so I go downstairs, do what I was gonna do by myself. Catch up with Takhman, head over to Palmer's to pick up a few projects. Casey and Tim walk in, collect their stuff. They've already been to Rose's, but that's alright, because they say they'll go back there with me when I go. Now, I'm checking the piles of papers, making sure I didn't miss anything, when Tim flips out on me for no reasons. The whole time, he's acting like he's on or from another planet.
[DISCLAIMER: While this post started off unhappy, I got interrupted, and now do not feel that way. The remaining part of the post will be in a different mood than the beginning.]
We collect all of our stuff, and go looking for people. Yadda yadda.... Van Dyke's proctoring; Rossi's proctoring. No one we were looking for was there. They went home after they decided they didn't want to come with me to Dr. Rose again (for them).
You-don't-know-who was there, but I didn't get any further than I've been for the past 4 months or more. There's still the whole summer (which started after the test was over), so I'm hoping for the best.
Time now: 8:45 PM
This blog represents the views and opinions of Gordon P. Hemsley and he is solely responsible for its content.
All content copyright © 2004-2005 Gordon P. Hemsley, unless otherwise noted.



