.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
A Day in the Life of a Teenage Programmer
Monday, June 14, 2004
 
Darn Radio Shack...
Alright, so... took the tests this morning.... Social Studies was slightly, kinda hard-ish... and the math? One of the easiest finals I've ever taken! The take-home test was twice- or three-times-as-hard. Oh yeah... I also found out what I got on my Spanish final (we took it on Thursday and Friday of last week, in class). 92. Not bad, I suppose. Takhman did a little worse, but I won't announce his grade.... What? You don't know Takhman? How can you not know Takhman? Oh right, I haven't told you.... OK, so Mike Takhman and Casey Kantor... yeah, they're people... in school... and stuff.... That's enough about them for now.

Oh yeah, and there's a girl that I like... saw her today. Of course, I see her everyday in school, but I'm happy about it each time. ... OK, that's enough for you about her for one day.

Anyway, after school, I went with my mom to Radio Shack. We needed a 4-way switch and some cables and whatnot so that I can hook up all my video games and such to the TV at once (gotta love that Super Nintendo). Along with all that, we got a little dongle, if you will, to connect two Cat 5e cables (connected to computers, of course) into one wall jack. So, I came down here to the basement and tried to hook it up.... And, wouldn't ya know it? It doesn't work. Aside from the fact that the other computer, with Windows 98, tells me to free up memory by closing programs so that I can run the Internet Connection Wizard when there aren't any other windows open, it just isn't seen at all by either computer. So, just like the 4-port USB hub that we got from there a while back, it doesn't work at all. We eventually replaced the USB hub with a better quality one, and I hope we do the same with this. The only difference will be that we'll take this dongle back for a refund. Piece of junk. [See link below for the wonderful dongle.]

OK, that's about it for now. Three posts in one day. That's normal, right? ... Right?!

</boring_babble>

Comments: Post a Comment



← Home

This blog represents the views and opinions of Gordon P. Hemsley and he is solely responsible for its content.
All content copyright © 2004-2005 Gordon P. Hemsley, unless otherwise noted.